Monday, September 1, 2008

A calm weekend before the storm!

And I'm not talking about Gustav! We had a good mix of keeping busy and taking it easy this weekend (if that's possible). On Friday night we went out to dinner at a really good Thai restaurant by our house. The owner (who is clearly Asian) has an interesting mix of Southern and British accents. It kind of throws you when you first hear him talking. After that fun, Greg and Ryan came back to the house to play Rock Band into the wee hours while I cooked several meals to freeze.

On Saturday we went to the hatch chili festival at Central Market. They have tons of different recipes to sample. I think my favorite was a hatch chili cream sauce. Greg's was definitely the quesadilla. So we stocked up on plenty of our favorites and then headed to the FC Dallas soccer game. They played the Columbus Crew and ended up losing, but it was a pretty decent game overall. I only got one picture before the camera battery died and of course it was an up-the-nose shot! Oh well!

I think the lady behind us may have had something to do with our camera problems!

Anyway, on Sunday Greg played a rousing game of golf with some buddies. And I went out to lunch with a friend from my old job. That night we went to all-you-can-eat sushi (Mmmm, steamed rice!) and then to the movies. We saw Tropic Thunder. It was really funny! I definitely recommend seeing it at some point!

Today was filled with roasting the hatch chilies that we got from Central Market and getting some cleaning done around the house. Not too exciting.

In regards to this post's title, we'll be out of town most weekends for various things until the end of October. This week we've got another FC Dallas game and we (and by we I mean me!) have to get things ready for the lake in Arkansas this weekend! That will be good times guaranteed! And I've already made sure to charge the camera! 'Til then...!

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Wow...you guys know how to stay busy! What a crazy couple of months you have coming up!! How fun to go to an FC Dallas game!