Sunday, September 28, 2008

Busy, busy, busy!

I had to split this post into several so I could fit all the pictures in! So keep reading after this one!

Things have pretty much been super busy around here lately. Last week we had random things going on each night. We did get to celebrate Chris's birthday! I won't say how old or young he is in fear of messing up his story for the ladies! Happy Birthday, Chris! We hope this is your best year yet!

This weekend we had Greg's 10 year high school reunion! It started on Friday with some Friday night lights. That was a first for me. I've never been to a high school football game. It was definitely interesting! I think I had the most fun just people watching. I can't believe how football crazy everyone is in Texas! This is what I was most excited to see in person...



MUMS!!!!! This is the only decent, incognito picture I got of a mum. It was definitely not the best one we saw, but it's tough to act like you're not taking a picture of someone when you clearly have the camera pointed at them! There were some mums that went all the way down to the girl's feet with huge bears and bells on them! And there were "garters", which apparently are the guy version of mums that go around your arm. They were just as big and extravagant as the girls. It was awesome! I've only heard about them through Greg and the girls at work, so I was really excited about seeing them in person. And I was not disappointed! For all of you non-Texans, these wonderful displays of school pride are worn for the homecoming football game and again at the dance! Nice! I feel like I missed out on so much going to an all-girl school. Oh wait, no I don't!

Here's a picture of the band. I was blown away by how many people there were. Greg says that there were many more people in band when he was there. I thought they sounded really good. Except for this...(warning: you may not want to have the volume up too high on this one!)



You could barely hear the band over the metronome. Apparently it's called "Dr. Beep" and it was VERY loud. We're not really sure why they used it while they were playing because they kept turning it off and on. At one point the fans started booing because it was so annoying. It did wonders for the ringing in my ear I've been experiencing lately! Here is a picture of the band spelling "LHS"! Very cool!



I also learned this weekend that in marching band you play the mellophone, not the French horn like I had been led to believe! So now when I go to games I'll know to look for the mellophone section and not the French horn one! And I also like that when you walk backwards, you do so on your toes! So funny!

Here's a picture of us at the game. Greg says we can never have too many pictures like this because they all look completely different. Wait...maybe what he said was exactly opposite of that! Oh well. I think they're fun and I'm getting good at them! This only took one shot!



We decided to leave after halftime and head to the restaurant/bar for the continuation of the festivities. We had a good time. There were lots of people there and it was fun to meet everyone and find out what they were up to these days. We finally got home around 2 and got a little sleep before we went down to Austin...

No comments: