Tuesday, October 7, 2008

New fence project and more!

Greg and I decided that we should finish building the fence at our house before it gets too cold to stain it. So this weekend Greg built the gate for the remaining section of fence. I wanted to help, but there was way too much math involved! So I just helped with the heavy lifting! Here is a picture of the gate so far.



I was very impressed with Greg's handy work! I've taught him well! Just kidding! Now we just have to fill in about a foot on each side of the gate and then make a hole in the ground for the gate to lock in place. And I'm sure I'll be the lucky one who gets to stain it next Monday!

On a completely unrelated note...I had a great time in Phoenix this past week! I learned a lot and got to pick the brain of the CEO. I was also able to meet all the other clinicians from around the country. It was definitely fun! The time change was awesome too. Their two hours later than Dallas. I know this is going to sound weird, but it was so fun waking up at 4:30 every morning and then looking at the clock and getting to go back to sleep for another hour! I also got up every morning and exercised and still had plenty of time to get ready before our meetings started! I guess the trade off was that I was ready to go to bed at 9! Oh well!

It was back to work today and I had two kiddos who were celebrating their last day...so their wonderful parents brought me presents! Woohoo! Now I remember why I love my job! Kidding! They were so nice though! One family brought a delicious smelling candle and cinnamon monkey bread mix and the other brought some festive mums! How fun is that?! I've never had monkey bread...until tonight when I got home and made the mix! It was goooood! Don't mind the stick and a half of butter that it calls for!



Hope everyone has a great week!

1 comment:

Christina said...

Love monkey bread... although we always eat it in the morning. I also just ignore the butter ... I mean if it melts away and you can't see it.. it doesn't count right?

Hope to see you guys soon -