Monday, October 20, 2008

Weekend Adventures

Greg and I started the weekend having separate adventures of our own and then ended the weekend together with a bang...literally unfortunately!

On Friday I flew up to St. Louis for a wedding shower while Greg drove up to Oklahoma City for a fun, wedding weekend. I was exhausted when I got into St. Louis at 11:30, but apparently Greg and the guys stayed up until about 5 am the next morning! At a more traditional time for the general public to be up, I went shopping with my mom before the shower...I'm sure Greg was still sleeping! Then we went home and raked leaves! I miss raking leaves! Isn't weird how you miss things you never thought you would when you aren't able to do them any more? While raking leaving I spotted a preying mantis! OK, I'm not sure that's really what it was, but it was big and ugly! And it kept turning its head to look at us!

I'm sure Greg was still sleeping at this point!

The shower I went to was great! There was tons of yummy food, lots of good presents and I was able to see some of my high school friends' babies. They are all so big now! I wish I would have taken pictures, but I completely forgot! Meanwhile in Oklahoma...Greg was playing sand volleyball with the guys in the wedding.

I had to leave the shower early to get to Mass and dinner with my parents and nephew, Sammy. He did awesome at Mass! He didn't make a peep and he was all smiles! Then we went out to dinner at PF Changs. Here is Sammy and my Mom waiting to be seated.

Look at those chubby cheeks!

On Sunday morning I flew down to OK for Matt and Amanda's wedding. It was an absolutely beautiful day for a wedding! They had the ceremony and reception on the OU campus. Which, despite Greg's UT bias, is a very pretty campus. They had the wedding in a courtyard on the campus.


Here is the ring bearer, Michael, who is Andy and Alisa's son.
He did a wonderful job walking down the aisle and ringing his little bell!

This is the view that I had initially of the wedding.

Then Greg switched places with me and I had this view.

Much better!


Michael with Alisa after the wedding.

This is the groom's cookie cake! Not only was delicious, it was a great picture of the Dallas skyline!


This was my other favorite food at the wedding! Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches! Mmmm!!! What a great idea! I had to restrain myself from eating too many! They were so good!

Here's what Greg thinks of arms length pictures!


The gorgeous couple cutting the cake.


They didn't end up as messy as I did at our wedding. Greg was too good at dodging my attempts! This is a before and after at our wedding...
What a nice husband!

OK OK, back to the real world! So we're heading out of Norman and I decided that I would be nice and drive so Greg could get some sleep after his long weekend. Well, we were stopped at a red light no more than 2 minutes down the road and the car lunges forward! So I stomp on the brake harder because I thought for some strange reason that the car just started moving forward on its own. Well, it turns out that we were hit from behind by a teenage girl who was probably not paying very close attention! Why else would you run into someone who had been stopped at a red light for the past 30 seconds? We ended up bumping into the car in front of us, but luckily we didn't do any damage to his car.

It took 20 minutes for the police to get there and I was a nervous wreck the entire time! I was shaking from being scared so badly and because it was really cold! Fortunately no one was seriously injured. I'm sure Greg and I have whiplash and Greg had a headache last night. I made him take a nap in the car while I drove home so I could be awake while he slept in case he had a concussion and stopped breathing. I think that shows just a little bit of how paranoid and crazy I am! I was contemplating setting my alarm when we got home to wake us up every 2 hours. But Greg vetoed that idea and we went to sleep and woke up feeling better this morning.

Here are pictures of my once beautiful car...


Fortunately it's still drivable, even if it does look a little ghetto with the bumper hanging off! I've been calling the Norman police department all morning trying to get the case report faxed down here. Then I get to call the other person's insurance company and figure out how to get my car fixed. Note to the wise, apparently you should get the other individual's insurance information when you're in an accident. Who knew! This was my first (and hopefully last!) car accident! No more please!

So that's how our weekend went! Very eventful again!

2 comments:

Ross Family said...

I'm glad you guys had a great weekend minus the wreck. Hopefully it won't take to long to get your car fixed. Have a great week!

Alisa N. said...

oh my goodness! What is it with teenagers hitting our cars?! (I think I told you what happened to mine the reunion weekend). Hopefully yours will get fixed quickly like mine did. It was great to see you guys! We were glad y'all were able to come!