Thursday, February 11, 2010

Let it snow!

We woke up to a Winter Wonderland this morning! Brooklyn and I flew back from St. Louis last night and Greg attempted to fly out to Austin this morning. He missed his first flight that took off on time (even though he was at the gate 5 minutes before the scheduled departure). But he did get a seat on the next flight...and sat for over 4 hours waiting for the plane to be deiced! They were the 14th in line!
Meanwhile I built a snowman while Brooklyn was sleeping and then we took some pictures when she woke up! I have to say, this is some good snowman-building snow! It took me all of 10 minutes to put it together! It's not the prettiest, but it'll do! I put Brooklyn in the bumbo so she wouldn't have to sit in the snow. But she is doing great sitting on her own. And while we were in St. Louis, she began showing signs that it won't be too long before she starts scooting and crawling. Yikes! We're in trouble now!
Tonight Brooklyn and I are hanging out together. Greg is now stranded in Austin as they have canceled his flight! Hopefully we'll see him tomorrow! We just want him safe and sound!

Eating the snow off her sock

Happy girl

Playing with the new camera lens

The 10-minute snowman

4.5" and it's still coming down!

Close up with the new camera lens

Looking at the 10-minute snowman

Finally warm with socks on our hands

Making snow angels, but it's so cold when the snowflakes hit your face!

3 comments:

Katie Simms said...

OMG! How cute is she!! I love the socks on the hands - my parents used to do the same thing! This just made my day :) Give her hugs and kisses from her tia.

Ross Family said...

Greg may have been on the same flight as my dad. He flew down to help my mom drive back from Austin today. Hope he makes it back safely sometime soon.

Beth Sanfilippo-Hynes said...

Oh those pics are sooo cute! She gets bigger and cuter every time we see her! Love that little girly!
XOXO's from cousin Sam and Aunt Beth