Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Almost there!

Since we are getting so close to welcoming our little one we decided to get a crib this past weekend! It went together pretty easily and looks good with the rest of the furniture!

Oh la la! Convertible bed!

Greg also did some golfing this weekend. I went with him one time...just to ride in the cart and take pictures with the new camera!


Greg and Ryan picked up a random additional player about half way through their golfing.


Friday was my last day of paid work for a little bit! So the past few days I've spent cleaning the house and getting ready to bring the baby home. Apparently I may have tried to do too much because Tuesday around 11:30 pm I was told by the on call OB to head to the hospital. I guess bleeding is not something you really want! (I know that's nasty, but that's what happened!) So we had an hour long sonogram (fun!), some blood drawn (not as fun!) and Greg learned that the machine that tells if I'm having a contraction is smarter than I am! He kept telling me when a contraction was coming because it sensed it before I did! Awesome! Can't wait to use that one when I'm really in labor! But about 4:30am they said to head home and now I've been put on bed rest with bathroom privledges. Great! I'm feeling better now. The contractions are a lot stronger now, but not 5 minutes apart like they were last night. These contractions are no joke! And apparently they're just going to get worse! The reason the sonogram was so long was because he had to count the number of times certain things happened (like breathing, swallowing, moving extremities, etc.) At one point he said, "this baby has some long legs!" I was like, "well she didn't get them from me!" So I'll be interested to see how that pans out once she's born! He also said I was measuring at 41 1/2 weeks, so I don't know how much I can really believe him!

We'll let you all know what goes down! Back to laying on the couch sleeping as much as I can!

3 comments:

Ross Family said...

Oh no. At least you won't be on bed rest very long before she gets here and take advantage of the rest and sleep. Trust me it will change when she gets here. Did they think it was your mucous plug? A piece of advice if you are going to do an epidural, take that before they break your water if that is the case. I'm sure you know, but they can't put that in while a contraction is going on. It took an hour to get mine in because i was contracting every minute and a half. The crib is gorgeous. Did you guys get a bassinette? We will be thinking about you!

Katie Simms said...

So excited for her! Thanks for the updates!
Love you miss you!

Amanda said...

Hooray!!! We got Greg's text - can't wait to meet her. Glad you are all doing well... It is quite an experience that I'm sure you will never forget. Congrats!