Monday, July 27, 2009

38 weeks and shady happenings

I went to the OBG last Thursday and again today - it's just how my work schedule fell. Things are still going well. We had an ultrasound last week and she said the baby was a little on the small size (even though the measurements weren't very accurate because she's so big now), so she said there is no way we're inducing (not like I wanted to anyway!) and that I should try to pack on the pounds to help this baby get a little bigger. On Thursday I went home and ate double-stuffed Oreos and cake from our 3 year anniversary
(I know, he might be a keeper!) on Wednesday! Surely that's what she meant! Then this weekend was filled with eating, eating and more eating! It's a bit more difficult than I thought...I was constantly full making it tricky to move and breathe! But I will say that having desserts after lunch and dinner was awesome! At the appointment today she says that she's now weighing in at 6 and 1/4 pounds. So she gained about 1/2 a pound in 3 days...your welcome, baby! Hopefully we can keep this pace up and she'll be around 7 pounds when she's born. Still estimating August 9th for the due date. I only have 4 more days of work left and then I can nest all day until the baby comes!

Here's the belly at 38 weeks. Greg thinks it's funny that I walk around the house like this because I'm hot all the time now...too much extra blood and food flowing, I guess!

We've continued with our nightly walks and recently we've seen this van parked on two different streets in the neighborhood.

We're not quite sure what's going down...but we think there are some shady goings on in the making! There is an abnormally high number of houses for sale in the neighborhood (like 5 instead of none)! Apparently those people know something we don't!

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Okay, you just have the cutest prego belly ever!! Good luck with everything..you're getting so close!! And that van...hmmm...interesting.

Ross Family said...

You are so adorable. Let Greg laugh, but men don't understand how hot we get when we are pregnant. Are they wanting the baby to be measuring 7 pounds before you deliver? I was told that as long as she measured 5 or a little over we were safe. Are you going back to work after you have her or are you going to be staying home? We wish you guys the best of luck and can't wait to see pictures of her.