Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Birthday celebrations!

Greg turned the big TWO NINE on the 24th of April. I know, it's been a while since I've had a chance to sit down and post a blog! We celebrated by going out to eat with friends, attending a crawfish boil and going to Cirque Imagination. 

This is the only picture I was able to get!

Cirque Imagination is basically the show for retired Cirque Du Soleil people...so they're like 18 instead of 14! It was awesome! I highly recommend going to see a show if they are in town! This is a clip from a Cirque Du Soleil show. The girl who did this at Cirque Imagination grossed me out! As a physical therapist, I worry about about the problems they are going to have when they are older! But it is pretty impressive none the less! It was a great birthday present from his mom and a fun addition to his birthday weekend! 

This last weekend we were back up at the lake doing more work on the house. Remember this picture? 

Try not to throw up!



It now looks like this! Much better! We texture painted the walls. We also built new doors for the shed. They look awesome and are incredibly heavy!



We're heading back up this weekend and we should have a new heating and air conditioning unit by then! Ooohhh, the luxury! I have a feeling we're going to be spending a lot of time in Arkansas this summer! Hopefully we'll be in Dallas when I go into labor! I don't know that I want our kid to be born in podunk Arkansas! I don't even know where the closest "medical facility" would be!


It's hard to believe we only have about 13 weeks left! Look at that belly! It's getting tough to run (OK, it's really probably considered a jog!) on the treadmill without my stomach hitting the front bar! Don't mind my crazy hair...it's super humid in Dallas and there's no taming it! Next week I have to do my glucose tolerance test. Here's hoping I didn't make myself diabetic with all the carbs I'm eating!

And last, but certainly not least...Buon Compleanno, Bubba Joe! That's "Happy Birthday"
 in Italian for my brother who is in Italy. It's his birthday today (May 7th)! At least I'm on time with someone's birthday!

2 comments:

Ross Family said...

Good luck on the glucose test. Just chug the stuff and chill it before you drink it. Happy first mother's day Sunday and becareful jogging.

Katie Simms said...

Melissa none of the pics are showing up :( I want to see that belly!