Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Week 16 pics and Colorado trip

We were able to get away from the 80 degree temperatures in Dallas a couple weeks ago and go to the chilly temps in Colorado. OK, it was in the 50's and sunny the entire time. I got a sunburn from sitting outside...it was unbelievable weather! We had to fly from Dallas to Denver and then hop on a tiny plane with about 40 seats to Durango. You know it's not good when they start asking people to switch seats so they can even the weight distribution in the plane! We had bad turbulence on the flight from Dallas to Denver in a regular-sized plane, so I planning on having an even worse time going over the mountains in a miniature version.


Greg walking out to the plane with looks of apprehension.

We got there safe and sound and met up with Ryan, Andy and Alisa. The next day the boys went snow boarding while Alisa and I hung out in the room reading books, watching tv and discussing all things baby! I finished the Twilight series (and I really liked the last book even though it was quite long!) and got great tips from Alisa who has Michael (13 months) and is 4 weeks ahead of me with their second baby, Kate!

OK, let me diverge for a second and talk about the Charlaine Harris books. I read the first Sookie Stackhouse book and liked it, but found myself thinking, "that's not how the vampires did things/were in the Twilight books." Anyways, just thought it was funny that apparently fictional characters can only act a certain way no matter which author is writing about them! I also started another series by Charlaine Harris about a girl who is able to find missing dead people and figure out how they died. So far that series has been pretty good too!

OK, back on track with more pictures!



The boys with their gear and Greg, Chris and I before we left on Monday. You can tell it was super nice out because I'm just wearing pants and a long sleeve shirt!


Week 16 picture

Still no strangers gutsy enough to ask the due date...just stare and question whether it would be worth it to ruin some random lady's day by asking if she's pregnant or not!

When we got home from Colorado we were invited to a Wii bowling party. It was great fun! Too bad Greg and I felt like outcasts without our personalized bowling jerseys! I'm the one taking the picture, so I didn't have to stand out like a sore thumb like Greg!


Then this past weekend Greg had a soccer game. They ended up tying, but they all played really well! This is the best action shot I could get sitting on the ground reading my book and trying to pay attention to the game. Greg had just schooled an opponent and looks like he was about to do it again to another guy while his teammate just looks on in awe!


I think that's all we've been up to recently. We're headed up to the lake this (and probably next) weekend to go create a walking path down to the lake. Hopefully it's not too cold or rainy! Try to keep warm and dry!

3 comments:

Ross Family said...

You look wonderful! Hope everything is still going well and the sickness is starting to wear off.

Nicole said...

Yikes to the airplane, I'm a wimp, so I would have been scared out of my mind! Looks like a fun weekend. I just might start the Sookie Stackhouse books...we'll see! And your tummy is absolutely adorable. ;)

Amanda said...

Good luck at the lake! A walking trail sounds like so much fun... And I'm loving your cute little belly. :)