Monday, January 12, 2009

No more tail...hopefully!

We're in the 10th week now and I'm feeling pretty good. I've been a little more sleepy than normal, but nothing a mid-afternoon nap can't help! I took two this weekend and still fell asleep on the couch fairly early each night. I think I'm going to have to start sleeping during my lunch when I'm at work! My newest cravings have been any type of doritos and sub sandwiches. I know I'm not supposed to have deli meat, but that's all I've wanted lately. Oh, and I almost burst into tears at dinner the other night. No reason...just a combination of being overly tired and all those hormones! From the books and websites I've been reading, the 10th week is the time that the embryonic tail has disappeared completely and the brain is growing at an increadible rate. Cool stuff!

This is the 10 week picture. Starting to show a little to the outside world, although really it just looks like I stuffed my face at Cici's (which sounds delicious right about now)! I don't know why it looks like my jeans are about to pop! I promise there is enough room in them! I did get my Belly Belt that I ordered. I'm so excited to use it! I can wear all my regular pants until I get REALLY big!

In other news...Greg and I were on a walk the other night and saw some cop cars and a tow truck in the next neighborhood over. So of course we had to go see what was going on. It was dark, but we could tell that the tow truck was having trouble getting a van onto the flatbed. And there was some serious metal grinding noises going along with it. So we walked a little closer and saw that the van drove through someone's fence and was stuck! I couldn't believe it! I wanted to get pictures that night, but it was really dark and I don't think the police officers would have stopped what they were doing so I could get pictures for the blog! So we decided to come back the next day to see the damage up close.

They put up some random fence-like thing. But if you look close, you can see that the van barely missed going into their swimming pool! We're not sure what happened. From what the police officers were saying, it sounded like no one was seriously injured. Just a little excitement for the unsuspecting home owners!

Hope everyone has a good week!

6 comments:

Amy said...

You are so tiny and cute!! I loved reading up on what my baby was doing each week. It's so amazing. Take advantage of all the extra sleep you can get--I'm finding that sleep is hard to come by once Baby gets here. :)

Ross Family said...

You look adorable and the bands are wonderful all though out pregnancy and after when you still can't wear regular clothes. Take advantage of the sleep now. The further along and bigger you get the harder it is to sleep and once little one is here you can forget it for a while. It is normal to be sleepy all the time and go to bed early. Trust me we would be in bed and asleep by 9:00. Enjoy every minute of the pregnancy. It flies by and then you have a 2 month at home and you can't believe it. You can eat deli meats just in moderation.

Amanda said...

Cute picture! I'm glad your baby doesn't have a tail anymore!! And great lasagna by the way- we all loved it! Thanks again.

Nicole said...

You look so great!!! You're already one of those cute cute prego people!! So exciting. Only 10 weeks to go until you find out..are you finding out??

Anonymous said...

OMG! You look so good! I can see that little pooch sticking out. You're so tiny! The pics of the sonogram are great! Samuel was even laughingat them. Can't wait to find out what it is! I remember counting down the days! You can eat deli meat it just has to be cooked fully and in moderation. I remember the cravings for SALAMI!! MMM. You're Looking good! Take care!

Anonymous said...

I love the bump! When that bump gets bigger I want you to sport my Tee for the webblog! I think you got a girl in there, but I need a more frontal view of the bump. Guess I will have to come down there!