Sunday, December 14, 2008

We're PREGNANT!!!!!



Or as Greg likes to say, "Lisa's pregnant, I'm just eating for two!" Here are our first pictures. We're so excited! Our first sonogram was at 6 weeks (I thought I was 8...oops! Long cycle!) and we were not really able to see very much. Just a yolk sack or something. We went for our second sonogram today. I'm about 9 weeks along and the baby is looking good. The heart rate was 172 bpm and he/she/it is measuring at a whopping 2.64 cm! Today we were actually able to see the baby moving their hand. I can't wait until I can actually feel all that moving! And it was much easier than I thought to figure out what things were on the sonogram. Very fun!

So far I've been feeling pretty good. Initially I was just getting a little nauseous at 11p.m., so I just went to bed and woke up feeling much better! More recently I've been having a little "morning sickness", but I just eat a little breakfast and I'm good for a few hours! Mostly my "sickness" is just annoying, so I'm very blessed with that. Lately I've been super hungry and have the strongest cravings! About 3 hours after I eat, I'm ready for a snack! And until a couple days ago all I wanted to eat was fast food and anything salty. Now I can actually stand the thought of vegetables and fruit. But I'd take something salty over anything else right now.

Other fun pregnancy things that I've noticed...My sense of smell is out of control! I was at Mass the other day and I could not figure out what I was smelling. Then I realized that I could smell the wine that was sitting about 20' away! I thought I was going to have to move. And at work the baby's bands reek! One of the good things that I've found about my new heightened sense is that if I'm feeling nauseous, I can just smell the Black Jasmine Vanilla candle from Bath and Body Works and I'm instantly better! Another thing I've realized is that my emotions are a little on edge lately. I think I've been pretty good so far (no tantrums or crying fits yet!) But at Mass the other day (I wonder why am I figuring all these things out at Mass?) there was a little girl playing the violin with the band and I nearly lost it! I don't even know why! And then they had three kids dressed up as the three Wise Men this Sunday and I about lost it again! I'm worried about having more of these hormones flowing later in pregnancy! The only other thing that's been heightened is my gag reflex. When I brush the back of my tongue I swear I could throw up if I brush too long! That's nasty, I know. But just another thing I've noticed!

5 comments:

Amy said...

Oh my goodness! Congrats again and again! You're in for the best 9 months of your life. It really is amazing, and it only gets better and better. I hope you continue to feel well and have fun with all that lies ahead!

Ross Family said...

OMG!!! Congratulations. Welcome to roller coaster of emotions and heightened senses but it is worth every minute. We are so happy for you guys. Keep us updated. Looks like when we are out there for Christmas there will be two little ones to introduce. Oh and if your nausea gets too bad take Emetrol. It works wonders.

Amanda said...

We are so happy for you 2!!! What great parents you will make. Enjoy every second of it!!

Nicole said...

YaY!!!! Congrats!! Jeff and I were thrilled when we read the news. I hope you keep feelling great...pregnancy is so amazing and after it all you have a perfect little miracle. You guys will be awesome parents!

Anonymous said...

Lisa Enjoy every minute of being pregnant, it goes by so fast! Although it seems like forever until you get to see your precious one! Greg keep eating for two and do whatever Lisa says! As for the brushing you teeth and gagging Lisa I know what you're going through, but don't worry it'll stop about the 4th or 5th month. Can't wait to see him/her!!!