Wednesday, July 27, 2011

This and That

Brooklyn and I made a trip up to St. Louis last week to see my family while Greg hosted a bachelor party at our house. (I was not the least bit upset about being kicked out!) We had a great time visiting. I love that there are so many things to do in St. Louis that are free! We went to the zoo twice because Brooklyn continues to be fascinated with animals! She loved the monkeys, of course. And she would have gone on every animal on the carousel if we had let her!

She's been randomly saying things about our trip up to St. Louis and to the zoo since we've been back. Every time we're in the car she wants to go to "Grandma Grandpa house". She will say that we need to take a plane and that "Mom" and Brooklyn fly up in the seats and monkey and blankie fly down with the suitcase.

Side note: She's been calling me "Mom" lately and I think it's because she head me saying that up in St. Louis. But she's also been shortening words lately like saying, "pup and monk". Hopefully it passes because I don't think it's fair that she stops calling me Mommy before she's even 2!

She tells the bear to stop showering because the birds are going to eat all of your food. She tells the squirrels to stop eating the birds' food (in the bird feeder at Grandma and Grandpa's house). She tells the boy to make sure his life jacket is on when he gets in the cold water with the penguins. And I'm not sure how many times a day she mentions that Grandma needs to repaint her toenails and fingernails pink because it is being scratched off.

Her memory wears me out every day! And don't try to whisper or talk about her to someone, because she will hear and remember and bring it up at some random point! So these are some of the pictures from our trip and since we've been home.

Sammy, could 'ya please? I mean honestly! (Actually I think they were trying to hide)

Much better!

Brooklyn enjoying the best dessert ever created...gooey butter cake!

Making sure Grandma keeps it neat!

Giving Mommy the evil eye for interrupting Brooklyn/Grandma time.
Is this the natural pose that you use when your nails are painted? I'm pretty sure no one showed her how to do this.

Riding the giraffe

Making sure the stingrays stay in the water!

This is the picture I showed Brooklyn and asked her to smile like Mommy for the next picture.
This is what I got!

Taking a nap with monkey.

1 comment:

Mom said...

We had so much fun--the pictures help keep the memories alive! The smile (or attempt to) is a riot, and I believe we have some pictures of you that are quite serious-looking as well. Love you all.