Monday, July 20, 2009

37 weeks and counting!

Greg has been in Atlanta for work yesterday and today, so I've been given strict instructions to stay in bed with my legs crossed all day! I thought I'd be productive and update the blog! The countdown is on now! We don't have too much longer before we'll have a new addition to the family!


Last week we had a Dallas baby shower and my work threw me a baby shower. The Dallas shower was lots of fun (as was the work one, but I don't have pictures from it)! Clearly our friends and family know us too well! "Greg's baby" got lots of UT paraphernalia, disposable diapers and a daddy diaper duty kit (including gloves, tongs, nose plug and goggles) so Greg can help change diapers! My baby got practical things like baby wash, hangers, organizer boxes for the room and a car seat head support to prevent heads that I see every day at work! We also received lots of things made by people...boppy covers, bibs, blankets, hats, stuffed animals! I love all of it! And our baby is going to be so stylish no one is going to recognize her as our baby! I'm having trouble choosing just one "going home" outfit between the UT onesies, purple tutu and many, many other super cute outfits given to the baby! We may have to reenact the moment several times! I'm sure no one would mind at the hospital! Greg's mom and the baby's "honorary Hendrix grandma" (Mrs. Fuchs) did a great job of organizing everything for the shower! Greg and I had a great time, so thank you to everyone!

So here we are at 37 weeks! Only a little bit longer! We toured the hospital this weekend. It has flat screen TVs for Greg and food service 24/7 for me! What more could you want! They also have "lo-jack" systems for the babies that prevent the elevators from working if there is not a nurse with the baby! So cool! So our baby should be safe and sound at the hospital!

Just 2 more weeks of work for me...if I make it that long! We're having another ultrasound this Thursday. At my last appointment we played another feel-the-belly-to-figure-out-how-much-the-baby-weighs game. At least this time the OBG instilled confidence in me beforehand by telling me that she was a little "gun shy" because her estimates have been off recently! Lovely! And this time I only had to wait 50 minutes to see her! Although the only reason it was that short was because after waiting 45 minutes (and being the first appointment that morning!) I got my clothes back on, walked up to the front, threatened to leave so I could get back to work, and then ran back to the room to get undressed again before she came in. So if anyone needs a recommendation for a well-run OBGYN practice in the Plano area, don't look to me! Is it bad that I'm thinking I'd rather her not be on call when we deliver so I can be assured that someone will actually be there on time...or at all?! Oh well! I'm sure everything will be great for the delivery!

Enough complaining! It's raining outside and I'm super excited that the temperature may lower a bit! Woo hoo! Off to do some more nesting! This house may actually be ready when we bring the baby home! Look out!

3 comments:

Ross Family said...

Look at you! You are looking and wonderful little momma. I'm so glad you guys have everything needed and don't worry about changing her clothes because that is one of the funnest things. As far as delivery, my two nurses did everthing except bring Emma completely out. They are the best and Greg won't be watching alot of tv when she arrives. We can't wait to see her. Let us know if you need something that you did not get at the showers. We love you guys and are so happy for you.

Amanda said...

You look so super cute. Your shower was so much fun and I'm so glad I could go. Can't wait to meet your little cutie in just a few weeks!!

Amy said...

I had a great time at the shower! I hope she enjoys the tutu..it will fit newborn up to 2T! Enjoy every second, and good luck these next few weeks!